Sunday, July 8, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

A family is sitting outside of a round school at evening. A firework is exploding above the school.

   This may seem like it's 4 days late, but I was just in Hillsboro last night for their 4th of July celebration. They shoot their fireworks off right behind the elementary school and the community center! It was fantastic.

   Hillsboro has a wonderful small town feel. Well, it is a small town to begin with, but the town looks great and is well taken care of. There also seems to be a great sense of community. Everyone came out for this celebration. Although, with everyone coming out, it was hard to find parking in town. Trying to get out afterwards was also challenging, yet we achieved both. 

   The fireworks show wasn't as grand as Ida Lee's show, and I guessed that beforehand. It was a small town show, and it fit the town and the community nicely. I felt like this was how eastern Loudoun County was before its massive growth. It felt authentic. I'm glad I came out, and I hope I get more opportunities to come out to Hillsboro in the future.

1 comment:

  1. My dad lived here for a short period of time! Yes, Hillsboro is a great town. And you can't really beat a small town, intimate show like that - Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete