Monday, August 13, 2012

Update: Whoops!

Locked out!! (Emerick Elementary School)

   So I've been gone for a week! Lots of work happened last week (and jet lag), so I didn't have much time. Last week I was transcribing four of the interviews done so far. When I wasn't doing that, I was helping out filming at this year's new teacher orientation.

   Regarding transcribing, It's amazing, you know, all the ticks people have, you know. All the umms and unintentional word repeating, thinking of what to say next. I think that's really interesting. But if I could describe transcribing in one word, it would be 'Painful.' It's hard, and people can talk really fast. I go half speed and I still have trouble keeping up. And with talking, you don't have to follow perfect sentence structure, so you can never predict what people will say. I have full sympathy for transcribers for the TV. It's tedious and it feels like it never ends.

I will be back with new articles this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment